Fudgy Flourless Brownies
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips, optional
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line an 8-inch square pan with foil, allowing a 1-inch overhang. Coat with cooking spray.
2. In a food processor, blend almonds, cocoa, sugar, chocolate, baking soda and salt until ground. Pulse in dates, almond milk, oil and vanilla until a smooth paste forms.
3. Beat egg whites until medium peaks form. Stir in one-third of almond mixture, then fold in remaining mixture. Spread in baking pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips, if desired.
4. Bake until a toothpick inserted 1 inch from edge comes out almost clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Yield: 9 brownies (serving size: 1 brownie)
|Calories per serving:||169|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||26g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||154mg|
|Calcium per serving:||37mg|