Caramelized Red Onion and Fig Pizza
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound whole-wheat pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 4 ounces mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup dried Mission figs, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1. Preheat oven to 500°F. Place a pizza stone or baking sheet in oven.
2. In a sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 12 minutes. Add vinegar, salt and pepper; stir and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Roll out dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper to a 10-inch diameter. Remove top sheet of parchment and cover dough evenly with both cheeses, figs, walnuts, half the onions and oregano.
4. Reduce oven to 450°F and transfer pizza (on parchment) to pizza stone or baking sheet. Bake until cheese is golden and crust is crisp, about 12 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing into 8 wedges and serving.
- Yield: Yield: 10-inch pizza (serving size: 1/8 of pizza)
|Calories per serving:||287|
|Fat per serving:||13g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||9g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||34g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||20mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||508mg|
|Calcium per serving:||70mg|