Mocha-Nut Fudge Flats
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, skins removed
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon strong brewed coffee, cooled
1. Place racks in top and bottom thirds of oven; preheat to 350ºF. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment and mist with cooking spray.
2. On a rimmed baking sheet, toast nuts, stirring halfway through, until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool. When cool enough to handle, chop finely.
3. Sift confectioners' sugar, cocoa and salt into a bowl. Stir in egg white and coffee until just smooth. Do not overmix.
4. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough on lined baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake, switching sheets halfway through, until puffed and tops are set, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely on sheets on wire racks.
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: Yield: About 24 (serving size: 2 cookies)
|Calories per serving:||43|
|Fat per serving:||2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||7g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||17mg|
|Calcium per serving:||6mg|