Three Bean Chipotle Chili
- 3/4 cup dried kidney beans
- 3/4 cup dried cannellini beans
- 3/4 cup dried pinto beans
- 2 medium red onions, diced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 lb. total), peeled and diced
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 28-oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
1. In a bowl, cover kidney beans with cold water by 2 inches. In a separate bowl, cover remaining beans with cold water by 2 inches. Let soak for at least 6 hours.
2. Drain and rinse kidney beans, transfer to a pan and cover with fresh water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 to 15 minutes; drain.
3. Drain remaining beans and transfer to a slow cooker. Cover and chill 1 cup diced onion. Add sweet potatoes, garlic and chiles to slow cooker. Stir in tomatoes, molasses, cumin, oregano, remaining onion, kidney beans and 3 cups water. Cover and cook on low until beans are tender, 8 to 9 hours.
4. Uncover, season with salt and pepper and stir. Divide among bowls. Top with chilled onion.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: Serves: 8 (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||279|
|Fat per serving:||1g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||15g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||54g|
|Fiber per serving:||15g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||6mg|
|Sodium per serving:||595mg|
|Calcium per serving:||149mg|