- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large leek, white and pale green parts only
- 1 pound white mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups pearl barley, rinsed
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 thyme sprigs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1. In a bowl, mix porcinis and 1 cup boiling water; let stand 10 minutes.
2. Halve leek lengthwise; thinly slice crosswise. Wash and dry leek. Slice 4 white mushrooms. Trim and quarter remaining ones. Add leek, quartered mushrooms, barley, broth and thyme to a slow cooker.
3. Lift porcinis out of water. Rinse, rubbing to remove grit, and drain; add to slow cooker. Strain soaking liquid into slow cooker; stir. Cover and cook on high until barley is tender, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
4. Remove and discard thyme sprigs. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in half of parsley. Divide risotto among bowls. Scatter reserved mushrooms and remaining parsley on top. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Serves: 8 (serving size: 1 1/8 cups)
|Calories per serving:||174|
|Fat per serving:||1g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||6g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||36g|
|Fiber per serving:||8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||154mg|
|Calcium per serving:||37mg|