Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs
- 1 pound ground turkey (93% lean)
- 2 cups grated zucchini (from 1 large zucchini)
- 5 Triscuits, finely crushed (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes with basil
- 1 13.25-oz. box whole-grain spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, and mist with cooking spray.
2. Mix turkey, zucchini, Triscuits, egg, pepper, half of scallions and half of garlic. Form into 30 1 1/2-inch meatballs; place on sheet. Bake 20 minutes.
3. Warm oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat; sauté remaining scallions and garlic for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until sauce thickens, 8 minutes. Stir in meatballs. Reduce heat to low.
4. Add spaghetti to boiling water and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain; top with meatballs, sauce and Parmesan, and serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Serves: 6 (serving size: 5 meatballs, 1 cup spaghetti)
|Calories per serving:||470|
|Fat per serving:||13g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||30g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||64g|
|Fiber per serving:||11g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||91mg|
|Iron per serving:||5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||589mg|
|Calcium per serving:||125mg|