- 1 pound russet potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces steamed beets, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 4 large eggs
1. Toss potatoes with 1 Tbsp. oil and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Place beets in a separate bowl.
2. Warm 1 Tbsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sprinkle with salt; sauté 3 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir into bowl with beets. Add 1 Tbsp. oil to skillet. Sauté potatoes until golden, 10 minutes. Stir in milk, scrape bits off bottom of skillet; boil until almost evaporated, 1 minute.
3. Add beet mixture, thyme and half of parsley to skillet; sauté 5 minutes. Remove from heat, sprinkle with cheese. Season with salt and pepper; toss well.
4. In a separate nonstick skillet, fry eggs to desired doneness. Divide hash among 4 bowls, sprinkle with remaining parsley, top each with an egg and serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Serves: 4 (serving size: 1 cup hash, 1 egg)
|Calories per serving:||334|
|Fat per serving:||17g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||13g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||31g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||193mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||578mg|
|Calcium per serving:||182mg|