- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes (2 pounds), unpeeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (optional)
1. Place potato in a medium saucepan. Cover with water to 2 inches above potato. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until potato is tender. Drain and return to pan.
2. Add butter, salt, and pepper; mash with a potato masher until butter melts. Add milk, mashing until desired consistency. Garnish with chives, if desired.
- Total Time: If you start with naturally creamy potatoes, like Yukon Golds, you won't need to add cream and sticks of butter to make delicious mashed potatoes. A gentle fresh chive garnish brightens these rich flavors.
- Yield: Serves 10 (serving size: about 1/2 cup)
|Calories per serving:||115|
|Fat per serving:||4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.1g|
|Protein per serving:||2.8g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||16.9g|
|Fiber per serving:||1.1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||11mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.8mg|
|Sodium per serving:||110mg|
|Calcium per serving:||23mg|