- 2 pounds small carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 thyme sprigs
- 1/4 cup loosely packed chopped fresh dill or parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients on a large baking sheet; toss to coat. Bake at 400° for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender, turning carrots after 20 minutes. Discard thyme sprigs.
3. Place carrots on a serving platter; garnish with dill or parsley.
- Total Time: This recipe was inspired by a dish at Nightwood restaurant in Chicago. Roasting carrots brings out their natural sweetness.
- Yield: Serves 6 (serving size: about 5 carrot slices)
|Calories per serving:||92|
|Fat per serving:||3.7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.5g|
|Protein per serving:||1.4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||14.6g|
|Fiber per serving:||4.3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||264mg|
|Calcium per serving:||52mg|