Spiced Tortillas with Tropical Fruit Salsa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 6-inch corn or 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, toasted
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 3 kiwis, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped strawberries (about 5 berries)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mist 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Combine sugar, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg in a small bowl. Lightly mist both sides of a tortilla with cooking spray and sprinkle with sugar mixture. Repeat with remaining tortillas, stacking them. With a sharp knife, cut tortilla stack in half, then cut each half into thirds, making 24 wedges total. Place wedges in a single layer on baking sheets. Bake until chips are crisp and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through. Let cool on a wire rack.
3. Toss coconut, fruit and juice in a bowl. Spoon salsa into dessert cups and serve with cooled chips.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Serves: 4 (serving size: 6 chips, 1 cup salsa)
|Calories per serving:||258|
|Fat per serving:||9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||44g|
|Fiber per serving:||7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||9mg|
|Calcium per serving:||90mg|
Good to Know
Choose a pineapple that's plump, with a firm body and fresh, green leaves. If you aren't going to use it right away, store it whole in the fridge.