Honey-Vanilla Poached Apricots
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 vanilla bean
- 6 large firm-ripe apricots
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds on an ungreased baking sheet. Toast for 6 to 8 minutes, shaking pan occasionally, until nuts are golden. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
2. In a pan over medium-high heat, mix honey and 1 1/2 cups water. Split vanilla bean in half lengthwise, scrape out seeds and add seeds and pod to honey. Bring mixture to a boil; cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Cut apricots in half; remove pits. Add apricot halves to poaching liquid, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until tender but not mushy, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from liquid with a slotted spoon. Arrange 3 halves in each of 4 dessert dishes. Return liquid to a boil. Cook over high heat until liquid has reduced to about 1/2 cup, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in Amaretto. Discard vanilla pods. Top apricots with 2 Tbsp. vanilla yogurt and sprinkle with almonds. Spoon 2 Tbsp. liquid over apricots and serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Serves: 4 (serving size: 3 apricot halves, 2 tbsp. yogurt, 2 tbsp. almonds, 2 tbsp. poaching liquid)
|Calories per serving:||319|
|Fat per serving:||7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||6g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||64g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||3mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||16mg|
|Calcium per serving:||90mg|
Good to Know
Have peaches but no apricots? Use them (peeled) instead. Or try tossing in nectarines.