Melon Salad with Lime-Ginger Syrup
- 1/4 medium seedless watermelon
- 1/2 large ripe cantaloupe
- 1/2 large ripe honeydew
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lime juice (from about 3 small limes)
1. Using a melon baller, scoop 1-inch balls from melons and combine in a bowl. Fold in mint and zest. Refrigerate.
2. Bring sugar, 1/3 cup water and ginger to a boil in a pan over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Boil until reduced by half and syrupy, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in juice. Pour into a container and refrigerate until chilled.
3. When ready to serve, spoon melon balls into 4 bowls. Strain syrup and spoon 1 Tbsp. over each bowl. Garnish with more mint, if desired.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: Scoop out sweet melon balls for a side salad that's sure to complement any summer main dish.
- Yield: Serves: 4 (serving size: 1 1/2 cups melon balls, 1 tbsp. syrup)
|Calories per serving:||139|
|Fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||35g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||32mg|
|Calcium per serving:||22mg|
Good to Know
Give cantaloupe and honeydew a whiff—ripe ones will smell sweet.