Green Goddess Pasta Salad
- 12 ounces spinach-and-cheese mini ravioli or tortellini
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound frozen peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 6 cups chopped upland cress, watercress or baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shavings
1. Cook pasta as package label directs; add asparagus and peas during last 2 minutes. Drain well and let cool slightly.
2. While pasta is cooking, place almonds in a small dry skillet over medium heat and cook, shaking pan often, until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
3. Place pasta and vegetables in a large bowl and toss in cress, oil, salt and pepper. Top with almonds and cheese.
- Yield: Makes: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||300|
|Fat per serving:||9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||16g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||41g|
|Fiber per serving:||7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||32mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||587mg|
|Calcium per serving:||233mg|
Good to Know
Sliced almonds are a supermarket shortcut that provides protein, calcium, and a satisfying crunch.