Avocado Jewel Salad
- 4 oranges
- 2 limes
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 ripe avocados, cut in quarters, pitted and peeled
- 12 ounces Bibb lettuce
- 2 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds, toasted
1. Cut off peel and white pith from oranges, then slice oranges crosswise.
2. Zest and juice limes into a large bowl. Whisk in oil, salt and pepper. Gently toss in avocados.
3. Arrange lettuce on a large platter and top with oranges, avocado mixture (including liquid) and pumpkin seeds.
- Prep Time:
- Yield: Makes: 12 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
|Calories per serving:||182|
|Fat per serving:||15g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||13g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||93mg|
|Calcium per serving:||38mg|
Good to Know
This citrusy salad provides plenty of vitamin C, healthy fats from avocado, and iron-rich pumpkin seeds.