Crunchy Lemon Chicken
- 1 cup plain low-fat 1% yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 4 4-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup whole-wheat panko crumbs
- 3 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 large seedless cucumber, finely diced
- 12 radishes, finely diced
1. Preheat oven to 450ºF. Fit a wire rack into a rimmed baking sheet.
2. In a bowl, mix yogurt, parsley, garlic, lemon zest and juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Transfer half to a dish, add chicken and turn to coat. Set aside remaining yogurt mixture.
3. Combine panko, Parmesan and paprika. Dredge chicken in panko mixture. Transfer to rack in baking sheet. Mist chicken with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Bake chicken until golden brown and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Stir cucumber and radishes into reserved yogurt mixture and serve with chicken.
This Crunchy Lemon Chicken has less than 300 calories and a kick of paprika for a hint of spicy flavor.
- Yield: Makes: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half plus 2/3 cup relish)
|Calories per serving:||279|
|Fat per serving:||5.9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1.5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.6g|
|Protein per serving:||33g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||24g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||80mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||410mg|
|Calcium per serving:||187mg|
Good to Know
Add a citrusy zest to your chicken dinner tonight. And, enjoy the same big crunch as regular panko crumbs by using whole-wheat panko crumbs instead. You'll get added fiber and protein, too! Enjoy one chicken breast for just 279 calories!