Banana Bread with Coconut and Walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
- 1/2 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, whisk together first 4 ingredients.
3. In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs until thick. Stir in oil, bananas, yogurt and vanilla. Fold in flour mix, coconut and walnuts.
4. Pour into greased 9-by 5-inch pan. Bake for 75 minutes. Let cool on rack and serve.
- Yield: Makes: 12 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
|Calories per serving:||224|
|Fat per serving:||7.4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.8g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1.3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3.8g|
|Protein per serving:||5g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||37g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||32mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||171mg|
|Calcium per serving:||23mg|
Good to Know
Enjoy a slice of this comfort-food favorite for fewer than 225 calories! This recipe cuts down the fat and ups the protein by using Greek yogurt. Lower fat even more by choosing fat-free yogurt. Cooking tip: Tent the loaf with foil if it gets too dark before it's cooked.