Butter Lettuce, Radish and Avocado Salad with Mustard Dressing
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or other neutral oil
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn
- 8 French breakfast radishes or round red radishes, halved
- 1 scallion, white and pale green parts only, thinly sliced at an angle
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh dill
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
1. In a large bowl, whisk vinegar and mustard with a pinch each of salt and pepper. While whisking, add oils in a slow, steady stream to emulsify.
2. Toss dressing with lettuce, radishes, scallion and dill. Top with avocado and serve.
Try this recipe in early spring, when the first radishes appear at farmers' markets.
- Yield: Makes: 4 servings (serving size: 1 3/4 cups salad)
|Calories per serving:||152|
|Fat per serving:||14.4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.7g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6.1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||5.7g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||6g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||122mg|
|Calcium per serving:||30mg|
Good to Know
Try this recipe in early spring, when the first radishes appear at farmers' markets. A tangy mustard vinaigrette balances out avocado's buttery richness.