Wax Bean and Cherry Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese Dressing
- 12 ounces cherry or pear tomatoes, halved
- 1 small shallot, very thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 fresh Thai chile, seeded and minced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces wax beans, trimmed
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 12 fresh basil leaves
1. Season tomatoes and shallot with salt. Toss with chile, vinegar and 1/4 cup oil. Let stand for at least 15 minutes or up to 1 hour.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Fill a large bowl with ice and water. Boil wax beans until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, transfer to ice water and let cool to room temperature. Drain again. Cut beans into 2-inch lengths at an angle.
3. Combine goat cheese, lime juice, remaining 1 Tbsp. oil, 2 Tbsp. water and a pinch of salt in a blender. Puree until smooth. Toss with beans until well coated.
4. Place wax beans in 6 serving dishes. Transfer tomato mixture with a little marinade to beans. Season salad with black pepper, tear basil leaves on top and serve.
- Yield: Makes: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups salad)
|Calories per serving:||127|
|Fat per serving:||8.9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4.5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.6g|
|Protein per serving:||5g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||7g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||9mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||117mg|
|Calcium per serving:||58mg|
Good to Know
This filling, low-cal, low-carb salad is coated with a gooey, yet refreshing, dressing of goat cheese (a low-fat cheese option), lime juice, water, and salt. Enjoy one cup of salad for just over 100 calories. Can't find wax beans? Simply sub in thin green beans.