Zucchini, Scallion and Parmesan Pizza
- All-purpose flour and cornmeal
- 1 pound whole-wheat pizza dough, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, trimmed and cut into very thin rounds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 ounce Parmesan, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
1. Place an oven rack on lowest position and preheat to 500°F.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14-inch square. Generously sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal. Place dough on sheet.
3. Drizzle 1 1/2 tsp. oil and scatter scallions on dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with zucchini and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Bake until crust is crisp, about 13 minutes. Top with Parmesan and drizzle with remaining oil. Cut into 8 slices. Top with mint. Serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes: 4 servings (serving size: 2 slices)
|Calories per serving:||325|
|Fat per serving:||10.4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3.4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.5g|
|Protein per serving:||13g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||51g|
|Fiber per serving:||9g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||7mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||747mg|
|Calcium per serving:||187mg|
Good to Know
This square pizza is layered with vitamin A-rich green vegetables, like zucchini. Look for small, thin zucchini. They have fewer seeds, so they won't get watery.