Roasted Asparagus and Fontina Pizza
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces asparagus
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- All-purpose flour and cornmeal
- 1 pound whole-wheat pizza dough, room temperature
- 1/2 cup grated Fontina cheese
1. Place an oven rack on lowest position and preheat to 500°F.
2. Combine oil and garlic. Trim asparagus; toss with salt, pepper and half of garlic mixture on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 5 minutes.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 16- by 10-inch rectangle. Generously sprinkle a second baking sheet with cornmeal. Place dough on sheet. Add cheese and asparagus, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
4. Bake until cheese has melted and crust is crisp, about 12 minutes. Top with remaining garlic oil. Cut into 8 slices. Serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes: 4 servings (serving size: 2 slices)
|Calories per serving:||336|
|Fat per serving:||11.5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.9g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3.6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.6g|
|Protein per serving:||13g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||52g|
|Fiber per serving:||10g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||14mg|
|Iron per serving:||5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||671mg|
|Calcium per serving:||131mg|
Good to Know
For the dough, go with 100 percent whole-wheat dough in bags in the refrigerated section of the market. Round out the meal with a refreshing salad.