Tomato and Mozzarella Pizza
- All-purpose flour and cornmeal
- 1 pound whole-wheat pizza dough, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 ounces ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella (about 2 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup small fresh basil leaves, optional
1. Place an oven rack on lowest position and preheat to 500°F.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14-inch round. Generously sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal. Place dough on sheet.
3. In a small bowl, stir oil and garlic; brush on dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with tomatoes, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle with the oregano, salt, mozzarella and Parmesan.
4. Bake until cheese has melted and crust is golden and crisp, about 13 minutes. Top with basil, if desired. Cut into 8 slices. Serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes: 4 servings (serving size: 2 slices)
|Calories per serving:||334|
|Fat per serving:||10.9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3.3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.6g|
|Protein per serving:||13g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||52g|
|Fiber per serving:||9g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||9mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||686mg|
|Calcium per serving:||174mg|
Good to Know
This traditional pie uses whole-wheat pizza dough for healthier grains. Cooking tip: To quickly pluck the leaves from herbs, just run your thumb and index finger along the stemthey'll pop off!