Spinach and Cheese Pizza
- All-purpose flour and cornmeal
- 1 pound whole-wheat pizza dough, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jumbo onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounce frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese
1. Place an oven rack on lowest position and preheat to 500°F.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14-inch round. Generously sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal. Place dough on sheet. Bake until crisp, about 12 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet on medium-high. Add onion, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until golden. Add 1/4 cup water, cover and cook on low until soft. Stir in spinach; spoon on crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Crumble cheese on top.
4. Bake for 5 minutes. Cut into 8 slices. Serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes: 4 servings (serving size: 2 slices)
|Calories per serving:||384|
|Fat per serving:||12g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4.3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.9g|
|Protein per serving:||14g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||63g|
|Fiber per serving:||12g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||5mg|
|Iron per serving:||5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||667mg|
|Calcium per serving:||176mg|
Good to Know
Goat cheese is a healthier, low-cal option to get a gooey slice of pizza, and spinach contains tons of vitamin K and A. Cooking tip: A splash of water - not extra oil - gets these onions sweet and carmelized.