Almond Cereal Bars
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups whole-grain cereal flakes
- 2 cups oat and bran O's cereal
- 2 tablespoons chopped, unsweetened dried cherries
1. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave the almond butter and honey on high for 30 seconds, then stir until blended. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereal flakes, O's, and cherries. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until warmed.
2. Gradually stir the almond butter mixture into the cereal until thoroughly and evenly coated. Press into the prepared pan. Refrigerate until set and firm. Cut into 10 bars.
- Prep Time:
- Total Time: For a stash of grab-and-dash treats, wrap individual Almond Cereal Bars in plastic wrap and freeze. They'll be ready when you are.
- Yield: Makes: 10 servings (serving size: 1 bar)
|Calories per serving:||144|
|Fat per serving:||5.1g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.8g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.2g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||24g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||102mg|
|Calcium per serving:||35mg|
Good to Know
Cherries provide a tart, but sweet bite to each bar and plenty of vitamin C. Pack each bar (only 144 calories) in plastic wrap and freeze for a stash of grab-and-dash treats.