Ham and Cheese Tartine
- 1 slice pumpernickel bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup arugula
- 2 slices ham
- 1 tablespoon shaved provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon sliced, roasted red peppers
PreparationTop bread with the other ingredients.
- Prep Time: This lean snack of Ham and Cheese Tartine satisfies your craving for something savory. Pick pumpernickel bread as the base for this snack as it has resistant starch, a fat-burning carb.
- Yield: Makes: 1 serving (serving size: 1 tartine)
|Calories per serving:||140|
|Fat per serving:||3.7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.8g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.4g|
|Protein per serving:||12g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||15g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||23mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||575mg|
|Calcium per serving:||87mg|
Good to Know
This open-faced snack provides a well-rounded amount of bursting flavors and nutrients. If you don’t prefer the peppery taste of arugula, swap in spinach, which is loaded with vitamin K and iron. Pumpernickel bread provides resistant starch, a fat-burning carb.