- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- 1 (14-oz) can light coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 bananas, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus garnish
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
1. Heat oil in pot on medium-high. Add onions; cook 7 minutes. Add curry and ginger; cook 1 minute.
2. Add next 5 ingredients (through cilantro). Partly cover; simmer on medium-low for 30 minutes.
3. Whisk cornstarch and water; stir into pot. Cook on high 1 minute. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with cilantro.
Chicken thighs lend additional flavor to zippy Chicken Curry.
- Yield: Makes: 8 servings (serving size: 1 cup curry)
|Calories per serving:||246|
|Fat per serving:||9.7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.8g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.6g|
|Protein per serving:||24g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||16g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||108mg|
|Iron per serving:||23mg|
|Sodium per serving:||201mg|
|Calcium per serving:||29mg|
Good to Know
Recipe courtesy of Ming Tsai, host and executive producer of Simply Ming