- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, heated until thin
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup lingonberry jam
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
1. In a bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk in buttermilk, eggs, and butter. Stir in peanut butter and bananas.
2. In a saucepan, warm preserves and syrup.
3. Heat greased griddle on medium-low. For each pancake, pour 3 TBSP batter; cook until golden brown (3 minutes a side).
Two favoritespeanut butter and bananascombine for a kid-friendly breakfast of PB&B Pancakes. Don't forget the lingonberry jam and maple syrup topping.
- Yield: Makes: 8 servings (serving size: 3 pancakes and 3 tbsp topping)
|Calories per serving:||368|
|Fat per serving:||7.8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3.1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.6g|
|Protein per serving:||8g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||69g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||53mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||582mg|
|Calcium per serving:||107mg|
Good to Know
Recipe courtesy of Todd English, a four-time James Beard Award–winning restaurateur and the host of PBS’s Food Trip with Todd English.