Roast Chicken and Rice Soup
- 5 cups lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 small carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups
- 1/2 cup chopped dill leaves
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 lemon, in wedges
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the broth and carrots to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium. Simmer until the carrots are tender and cooked through (about 5 minutes).
2. Stir in the salt, pepper, chicken with its sauce, dill, and rice. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until heated through (about 5 minutes).
3. Squeeze in lemon juice to taste and serve hot.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Rice and chicken is a classic duo that we've combined with carrots and dill to create this satisfying Roast Chicken and Rice Soup.
- Yield: Makes: 4 servings (serving size: about 2 cups soup)
|Calories per serving:||290|
|Fat per serving:||4.5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1.6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.1g|
|Protein per serving:||38g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||21g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||89mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||274mg|
|Calcium per serving:||35mg|
Good to Know
Rice and chicken is a classic duo, but add them to low-sodium broth mixed with soft veggies, and you have a warm-your-tummy soup that satisfies.