Roast Sesame Chicken
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons grated, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces cauliflower florets
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 cups
1. In small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and crushed red pepper.
2. Heat canola oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in ginger; cook until fragrant (1 minute). Add bell pepper, cauliflower, and green beans. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are crisp-tender (6-8 minutes). Add the sesame seeds and chicken and stir until heated through (1-2 minutes).
3. Stir in the soy sauce mixture and cook until heated through (1-2 minutes). Serve hot.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This lean meat gets an Asian makeover with this recipe for Roast Sesame Chicken that uses soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger to spice things up.
- Yield: Makes: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups chicken and veggies)
|Calories per serving:||333|
|Fat per serving:||14.1g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6.2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||4.6g|
|Protein per serving:||37g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||15g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||89mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||398mg|
|Calcium per serving:||59mg|
Good to Know
This lean meat gets an Asian makeover with this recipe that uses soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger to spice things up.