Raw Kale, Grapefruit, and Toasted Hazelnut Salad
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces lacinato kale, very thinly sliced, or baby kale leaves
- 1 ounce toasted hazelnuts, chopped (1/3 cup)
1. Peel and segment grapefruit; reserve 3 TBSP juice in a large bowl. Mince 2 rings onion. Add to grapefruit juice, with lemon juice, yogurt, oil, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well mixed.
2. Toss in kale. Top with remaining onion, grapefruit, and hazelnuts.
Watch the video: Fat-Burning Recipe: Kale, Grapefruit, and Hazelnut Salad
- Prep Time: Superfoods abound in this tasty Raw Kale, Grapefruit, and Toasted Hazelnut Salad. Kale contains vitamins K, A, and C, and grapefruit helps speed weight loss by curbing hunger and lowers cholesterol.
- Yield: Makes: 4 servings (serving size: 1 3/4 cups salad)
|Calories per serving:||184|
|Fat per serving:||11.6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||8.3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.5g|
|Protein per serving:||5g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||18g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||1mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||179mg|
|Calcium per serving:||138mg|
Good to Know
Superfoods abound in this tasty salad recipe. Kale contains vitamins K, A, and C, and grapefruit helps speed weight loss by curbing hunger and lowers cholesterol.