Braised Kale, Sausage, and Creamy Polenta
- Cooking spray
- 3 fully cooked chicken sausages, cut into chunks
- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 4 cups
1. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Cook sausages over medium heat until browned (about 10 minutes).
2. Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add polenta. Cook on low, stirring, until thick (about 5 minutes). Stir in cheese, paprika, and pepper. Season with salt.
3. Add the kale to the sausage. Cook until hot (2-3 minutes). Serve over the creamy polenta.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Start with a healthy green like kale to be the cornerstone to a tasty meal of Braised Kale, Sausage, and Creamy Polenta. Luscious mascarpone cheese makes the polenta super creamy--and has fewer calories than butter!
- Yield: Makes: 4 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup polenta and 1 3/4 cups kale and sausage)
|Calories per serving:||425|
|Fat per serving:||18.8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6.1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||7.2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.3g|
|Protein per serving:||19g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||46g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||70mg|
|Iron per serving:||7mg|
|Sodium per serving:||705mg|
|Calcium per serving:||145mg|
Good to Know
Luscious mascarpone cheese has fewer calories than butter and makes the polenta super creamy!