Braised Kale Frittata
- 6 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 ounce Gruyère or Parmesan cheese, grated (3 TBSP)
- 2 tablespoons chopped oregano
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups
- 3/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, whisk the first 6 ingredients (through oregano).
2. Lightly coat an 8-inch ovenproof cast-iron or nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium. Add the kale and tomatoes. Cook, stirring, until hot (about 3 minutes). Add the eggs and swirl to distribute.
3. Transfer to the oven and bake until set and hot (about 20 minutes). Cut in wedges.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Try this easy baked Braised Kale Frittata instead of the usual omelet for breakfast or a light dinner.
- Yield: Makes: 4 servings (serving size: 1/4 frittata)
|Calories per serving:||204|
|Fat per serving:||12.6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3.6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2.1g|
|Protein per serving:||16g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||7g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||283mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||511mg|
|Calcium per serving:||155mg|
Good to Know
Instead of your usual omelet, try this baked frittata that uses kale and tomatoes (both of which fight cancer!).