Whole-Wheat Spaghetti with Bacon, Shrimp, and Watercress
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 slice thick-cut bacon
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound large shrimp
- 1 bunch watercress, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Crushed red pepper (optional)
1. Cook the pasta according to the label until al dente. Reserve 3 TBSP cooking liquid; drain.
2. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Cool on paper towels, crumble, and reserve. Add oil and onion to skillet. Cook until soft (5-7 minutes).
3. Add shrimp. Raise heat to medium-high; cook until opaque (5-6 minutes). Toss in watercress, pasta with water, bacon, pepper, and red pepper.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Watercress adds a peppery bite to this shrimp-bacon combo of Whole-Wheat Spaghetti with Bacon, Shrimp, and Watercress.
- Yield: Makes: 4 servings (serving size: 1 3/4 cups)
|Calories per serving:||330|
|Fat per serving:||6.7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.9g|
|Protein per serving:||26g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||45g|
|Fiber per serving:||8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||145mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||726mg|
|Calcium per serving:||137mg|
Good to Know
Watercress adds a peppery bite to this shrimp-bacon combo.