Whole-Wheat Spaghetti with Garlic, Parsley, and Lemon
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped garlic
- 1 3/4 cups chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 ounce Asiago, Pecorino, or Parmesan cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
1. Cook the pasta according to the label until al dente. Reserve 3 TBSP cooking liquid; drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat 2 TBSP oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, add the garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown and fragrant (3-4 minutes). Stir in the parsley, pepper, and lemon zest. Cook, stirring often, until the parsley is tender (3-4 minutes).
3. Add the pasta and cooking liquid to the skillet with the salt and remaining TBSP oil. Toss until well mixed. Top with the cheese and serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Whole-Wheat Spaghetti with Garlic, Parsley, and Lemon is a simple and easy main dish to make. This pasta dish also packs a powerful punch thanks to the lemon zest that has a much stronger flavor than the fruit’s juice.
- Yield: Makes: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
|Calories per serving:||331|
|Fat per serving:||12.3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||7.6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.5g|
|Protein per serving:||11g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||49g|
|Fiber per serving:||8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||4mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||152mg|
|Calcium per serving:||133mg|
Good to Know
Lemon zest used in this recipe has a much stronger flavor than the fruit’s juice, so though this dish is simple and easy to make, it packs a delicious punch.