Whole-Wheat Pasta with Kale and Roast Chicken
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 3 cups
- 1 (15-oz) can low-sodium chickpeas or white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
1. Cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 3 TBSP cooking liquid; drain.
2. In large skillet, heat rest of ingredients, stirring, until very hot.
3. Toss in the pasta and cooking liquid.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: A quick Italian meal of Whole-Wheat Pasta with Kale and Roast Chicken doesn’t get much more nutritious than this! Whole-wheat pasta lend itself to extra fiber and good carbs; roasted chicken adds lean protein; and kale is one of the Superfoods of the moment.
- Yield: Makes: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||515|
|Fat per serving:||12.2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6.4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2.1g|
|Protein per serving:||46g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||59g|
|Fiber per serving:||12g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||89mg|
|Iron per serving:||5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||535mg|
|Calcium per serving:||156mg|
Good to Know
A quick Italian mean doesn’t get much more nutritious than this! Whole-wheat pasta lend itself to extra fiber and good carbs, roasted chicken adds lean protein, and kale is one of the Superfoods of the moment.