Yam & Cumin Dip
- 2 garnet yams (about 8 oz each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for garnish, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat oven to 400° F. Roast yams until soft (1 hour, or microwave until soft, 10 minutes).
2. Scrape out flesh; discard the skin. Purée flesh in a food processor with 2 1/2 TBSP olive oil, warm water, grated cheese, ginger, cumin, salt, and pepper.
3. To serve: Drizzle with remaining olive oil and garnish with sea salt.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Serve with: Toasted pita bread
- Yield: Makes: 2 cups (serving size: 2 tbsp)
|Calories per serving:||41|
|Fat per serving:||2.7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1.9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.3g|
|Protein per serving:||0.0g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||4g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||47mg|
|Calcium per serving:||10mg|
Good to Know
Don’t mistake a sweet potato for a yam. We promise, there is a difference, and you’d taste it in this recipe.