- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for finishing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 garlic clove, smashed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Pinch sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Greek yogurt, optional
1. Place lentils in a 2-quart pot; cover with 2 cups water. Boil, then reduce heat and simmer until tender (about 20 minutes).
2. Combine lentils, salt, tahini, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and coriander in a food processor and blend until smooth.
3. To serve: Spoon hummus into a shallow bowl. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley. Top with Greek yogurt if desired.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes: 3 cups (serving size: 2 tbsp)
|Calories per serving:||64|
|Fat per serving:||3.8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.8g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||5g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||50mg|
|Calcium per serving:||8mg|
Good to Know
Lentils make a strong argument for an alternative to traditional garbanzo bean hummus, as they are loaded with filling fiber and taste great too!