Salmon and Cucumber Bites
- 1 (12-inch) cucumber
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces crème fraîche
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces pre-packaged smoked salmon, cut into inch-long strips
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped, for garnish
1. Peel and slice cucumber into 1/4-inch slices.
2. In a bowl, mix lemon zest, lemon juice, crème fraîche, and pepper.
3. To assemble, top a cucumber slice with a strip of salmon, a dollop (about 1/2 tsp) of crème fraîche mixture, and garnish with dill.
Dramatically cut the calories out of this simple canape by subbing crisp cucumber slices for bread. The freshness of the cucumbers pairs well with the smoked salmon and creamy topping.
- Yield: Makes: 44 (serving size: 1 bite)
|Calories per serving:||14|
|Fat per serving:||1.1g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.7g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||1g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||4mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||21mg|
|Calcium per serving:||2mg|
Good to Know
This easy-peasy appetizer is great to serve at parties. Guests with love the way they taste and the fact that they are only 14 calories!