Bacon and Jalapeño Egg Sandwich
- 1 piece turkey bacon, such as Applegate
- 1 whole-grain English muffin, split
- Cooking spray
- 1 large organic egg
- 1/4 ounce reduced-fat cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 small jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 2 thin slices red onion
- 1 thick slice tomato
- 4-5 sprigs fresh cilantro
1. Warm a skillet over medium heat. Cook the bacon until crisp. Set aside.
2. Place muffin, cut-side down, in skillet. Press to toast (2 minutes). Set aside.
3. Coat skillet with cooking spray. Cook egg about 30 seconds. Sprinkle with pepper and cheese. Cook until set. Transfer egg to muffin half. Top with the bacon, jalapeño, onion, tomato, cilantro, and second muffin half.
- Yield: Makes 1 sandwich (serving size: 1 sandwich)
|Calories per serving:||313|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.9g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3.7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.9g|
|Protein per serving:||21g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||35g|
|Fiber per serving:||7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||215mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||565mg|
|Calcium per serving:||277mg|
Good to Know
Build a better-then-ever egg sandwich using organic eggs, a whole-grain english muffin, reduced-fat cheese, and a few other exciting extras like jalapeno that will give your metabolism a spicy boost.