Quick-and-Easy Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 6 small sweet potatoes or garnet yams
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- 2 limes, in wedges
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, for garnish, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and add sweet potatoes. Roast until they are tender (about 50-55 minutes). Set aside to cool.
2. Slice potato skins open. Scoop out flesh, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick layer inside skins, and add to a large bowl. Return scooped-out skins to baking sheet.
3. Mash sweet-potato flesh with a fork. Stir in olive oil, egg, ginger, and salt, and beat together with fork until smooth. Spoon filling into the 6 reserved skins. Bake until the tops are puffed and lightly golden brown (about 25 minutes). Sprinkle the potatoes with cilantro and sesame seeds, if using, and squeeze lime over the top. Serve with additional lime wedges.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: 1 potato)
|Calories per serving:||105|
|Fat per serving:||3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.4g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||17g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||31mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||445mg|
|Calcium per serving:||31mg|
Good to Know
One sweet potato has more than twice your daily value of vitamin A, which strengthens your immune system.