Salmon Noodle Bowl
- 4 ounces soba buckwheat noodles or whole-wheat spaghetti
- 5 ounces asparagus, cut in thirds
- Cooking spray
- 1 (6-oz) salmon fillet, skin off, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Zest and juice of 1-2 limes (3 TBSP juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 4 ounces cucumber, skin on, cut into medium pieces
- 1/2 small avocado, cut into bite-size pieces
1. Cook the noodles in boiling water until soft (about 6 minutes for soba, 8 for spaghetti). Transfer with tongs to a strainer. Add asparagus to same boiling water. Cook until al dente (about 2 minutes); rinse under cold water.
2. Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Coat lightly with cooking spray. Cook the salmon until cooked through, turning pieces (about 2-3 minutes per side). Reserve.
3. Make the vinaigrette: Whisk together sesame oil, lime zest and juice, and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Combine the noodles, asparagus, and vinaigrette in a medium serving bowl.
4. Add the cucumber and avocado; toss to coat. Just before serving, add salmon. Serve warm or at room temperature, or make up to 4 hours ahead and keep refrigerated in an airtight container.
Watch the video: Metabolism-Boosting Recipe: Salmon Noodle Bowl
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes 2 servings (serving size: 2 1/4 cups)
|Calories per serving:||492|
|Fat per serving:||21.9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||10g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||6.4g|
|Protein per serving:||29g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||47g|
|Fiber per serving:||7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||54mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||783mg|
|Calcium per serving:||58mg|
Good to Know
Omega-3s in salmon and other fatty fish help build more muscle, and more muscle means more calories burned.