Egg and Rice Salad to Go
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked green beans, roughly chopped (3 oz)
- 1 ripe plum, thinly sliced (3 oz)
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 oz) chopped walnuts
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Combine rice, beans, plum, walnuts, and egg in a portable container.
2. Drizzle with sesame oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper; toss gently to combine. Refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Prep Time: Any hearty brown rice or brown-rice blend works well in this salad.
- Yield: Makes 1 serving (serving size: about 2.5 cups)
|Calories per serving:||388|
|Fat per serving:||20.2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3.3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5.5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||10.3g|
|Protein per serving:||13g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||43g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||186mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||562mg|
|Calcium per serving:||93mg|
Good to Know
Great use for leftovers: Any hearty brown rice or brown-rice blend works well in this salad.