Kicked-Up Turkey Sandwich
- 2 (1 1/2-oz) slices whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 2 teaspoons fig spread
- 1 ounce Manchego or aged cheddar, or a combination, sliced
- 1 1/2 ounces sliced turkey
- 1/2 cup watercress
PreparationAfter toasted bread slices are cool, spread one slice with mustard and the other with fig spread. On one slice of toast, layer cheese, turkey, and watercress; top with other slice. Wrap; refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Prep Time: Fig spread is rich and flavorful; watercress is crisp and hearty and holds up well in a lunch bag. Delicious with a tart pickle and pear.
- Yield: Makes 1 serving (serving size: 1 sandwich)
|Calories per serving:||460|
|Fat per serving:||14.3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6.8g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3.7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2.9g|
|Protein per serving:||27g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||56g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||65mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||739mg|
|Calcium per serving:||258mg|
Good to Know
Fig spread is rich and flavorful. Watercress is crisp and hearty and holds up well in a bagged lunch.