- 1 (2-oz) whole-wheat pita bread
- 1/2 cup carrot sticks or baby carrots
- 1/2 small cucumber, cut into spears
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 4 radicchio leaves
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1. Split pita apart; tear each half into quarters. Toast and let cool.
2. Arrange the carrot, cucumber, cauliflower, and radicchio in a portable container. Store pita crisps in a plastic bag.
3. To make creamy dip: In a small portable container, stir together yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, and a pinch each salt and black pepper. To make spicy dip: In a second small container, combine tomato, red pepper, and a pinch each salt and black pepper. Refrigerate veggies and dips up to 2 days; keep pita at room temperature.
- Prep Time: Cool and creamy, chunky and spicy--two quick dips enliven crisp pita and veggies. Save time: Use store-bought plain pita chips and bagged baby carrots and cauliflower florets.
- Yield: Makes 1 serving (serving size: 1 pita, 2 dips, and vegetables)
|Calories per serving:||378|
|Fat per serving:||1.6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.5g|
|Protein per serving:||22g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||78g|
|Fiber per serving:||12g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||4mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||591mg|
|Calcium per serving:||388mg|
Good to Know
Use any veggie combo with these cool and creamy and chunky and spicy dips.