Crisp Chickpea Slaw
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-oz) can low-sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 cups sliced packed green cabbage
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled with a vegetable peeler into strips or thinly sliced, or 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, vinegar, water, salt, and pepper to taste. Add the chickpeas, cabbage, celery, and carrots; toss to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
2. Transfer slaw to a plastic food-storage bag or 2 portable containers. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving; slaw keeps up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: You need only a little dressing for the slaw because the cabbage releases moisture as it sits.
- Yield: Makes 2 servings (serving size: 3 1/2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||369|
|Fat per serving:||7.9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.9g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2.6g|
|Protein per serving:||18g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||59g|
|Fiber per serving:||15g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||1mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||430mg|
|Calcium per serving:||231mg|
Good to Know
You need only a little dressing for the slaw because the cabbage releases moisture as it sits.