Yogurt Crunch Parfait
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped raw pecans
- 1/3 cup hulled raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 quart fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup blueberries
1. To make crunch: Preheat oven to 350°. Spray an 8- x 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray. In a large saucepan, heat brown sugar and butter, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in oats, pecans, and pumpkin seeds. Spread in prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes, until golden. Cool in pan on wire rack. Crumble into pieces.
2. Spoon about one-half of crunch into 8 tall glasses and top with half of yogurt and half of fruit. Repeat layering with the remaining crunch, yogurt, and fruit.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Pumpkin seeds not only add texture to Yogurt Crunch Parfait but essential minerals, such as iron, zinc, and magnesium, too!
- Yield: Makes 8 servings (serving size: 1 parfait)
|Calories per serving:||301|
|Fat per serving:||14.4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4.6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5.3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2.9g|
|Protein per serving:||9g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||39g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||18mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||81mg|
|Calcium per serving:||182mg|
Good to Know
Pumpkin seeds not only add texture, but essential minerals such as iron, zinc, and magnesium, too!