Tropical Trail Mix
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups natural raw almonds
- 1 cup unsalted raw cashews
- 1 cup unsalted raw shelled pistachios
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup dried pineapple
- 1 cup chopped dried papaya
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small saucepan, heat first 4 ingredients (through ginger) over low heat, stirring until smooth. In a large bowl, combine almonds, cashews, and pistachios; add honey mixture and toss to coat. Spread on prepared baking sheet; bake 15-20 minutes, stirring once, until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet.
3. Break cooled nut mixture into pieces; toss in large bowl with coconut, pineapple, and papaya until combined. Store in an airtight container.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Stave off that energy slump with this tasty, stamina-boosting Tropical Trail Mix
- Yield: Makes about 30 servings (serving size: 1/4 cup)
|Calories per serving:||162|
|Fat per serving:||10.8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.7g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5.1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2.1g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||14g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||6mg|
|Calcium per serving:||37mg|
Good to Know
The culinary freedom you have when making your own trail mix also saves you a ton of extra calories and sugar that many pre-packaged varieties can hold.