Fregola Sarda Pasta with Tomatoes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 7 ounces fregola sarda pasta
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 3/4 cup packed fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Fresh oregano, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a roasting pan, toss tomatoes with garlic, sugar, dried oregano, a pinch each salt and pepper, and 1 tsp olive oil. Roast 25 minutes, until tomatoes begin to caramelize.
2. Meanwhile, cook fregola sarda as package directs.
3. Squeeze roasted garlic from skin; pulse in food processor with pine nuts, basil, a pinch each salt and pepper, and remaining 1 TBSP olive oil. Add Parmesan; pulse to combine.
4. In a bowl, combine fregola sarda, tomatoes, olives, goat cheese, and pesto. Scatter fresh oregano leaves on top, if desired.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Fregola sarda is Sardinian couscous. The grains are lightly toasted, giving Fregola Sarda Pasta with Tomatoes a nutty flavor.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings
|Calories per serving:||339|
|Fat per serving:||12.2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4.2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5.7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.5g|
|Protein per serving:||11g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||46g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||11mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||350mg|
|Calcium per serving:||82mg|
Good to Know
Fregola sarda is Sardinian couscous. The grains are lightly toasted, giving it a nutty flavor.