- 1/2 small head cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 cup snow peas, thinly sliced
- 1 cup radishes, thinly sliced
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped, toasted hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons hazelnut or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. In serving bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, snow peas, radishes, scallions, hazelnuts, parsley, and poppy seeds.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper; toss with slaw.
- Prep Time:
- Yield: Makes 4 servings
|Calories per serving:||185|
|Fat per serving:||13.7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||9.8g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2.1g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||15g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||204mg|
|Calcium per serving:||132mg|
Good to Know
Not your average slaw, this version is extra crunchy with snow peas, radishes, and hazelnuts.
Recipe adapted from The Meat Free Monday Cookbook, copyright 2011. Published by Kyle Books Limited.