California Turkey Burgers
- 1 recipe Turkey Burgers
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/4 cup tomatillo salsa
- 4 (2-oz) brioche buns, toasted
1. In medium bowl, gently mix together turkey, garlic, paprika, and cumin.
2. Form turkey into 4 (4-inch) patties; season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat grill to medium-high; cook, turning once, until burgers are just cooked through (about 7 minutes per side). Serve with desired toppings and buns.
Avocadoes and tomatilla salsa give these Turkey Burgers their California spin.
- Yield: Makes 4 burgers (serving size: 1 california turkey burger)
|Calories per serving:||389|
|Fat per serving:||19.4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6.1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6.1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||28g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||29g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||107mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||380mg|
|Calcium per serving:||68mg|
Good to Know
The trick to prepping an avocado: Slice your knife around the fruit lengthwise, twist the sides and gently pull apart. A sharp hit with your blade will release the core smoothly.