Ginger Grilled Fruit
- 1 peeled, cored pineapple
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 1 navel orange
- 1 green apple
- 2 apricots
- 2 plums
- 2 peaches
- 12 cherries
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 lemons, halved
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
1. Slice pineapple, grapefruit, orange, and apple 1/2-inch thick; halve remaining fruit. In large pan combine oil, ginger, salt, and juice of 1 lemon; toss with fruit and second lemon.
2. Heat grill pan or outdoor grill. (Coat grill pan with spray.) In batches, grill fruit over medium-high heat until tender (2-4 minutes per side). Transfer to platter.
3. Squeeze grilled lemon over fruit. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Prep Time:
- Total Time: Ginger Grilled Fruit is the perfect marriage of distinct grilled-flavor with the sweetness of the varied fruit. We'll let you choose if you want to serve Ginger Grilled Fruit as a fruity side or dessert.
- Yield: Makes 8 servings (serving size: 1/8 fruit mixture)
|Calories per serving:||221|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4.8g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2.1g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||33g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||149mg|
|Calcium per serving:||34mg|
Good to Know
The grill is for more than just burgers and steaks. The distinct grilled-flavor with the sweetness of the fruit is a perfect marriage.